Thursday, February 23, 2012

I brake for students...

...no not really. In fact I tend to hit the gas a little. These are COLLEGE students by the way. Don't picture me running down little preschoolers or something...sheesh you people are morbid.

Back to my point, these kids tend to dart out anywhere they want assuming you can and will stop for them. I've seen plenty of close calls and heard of even more. In fact a while back a student was killed when he stepped out in front of a car in the middle of the night. So what does the town do? They install more lighting, redo the sidewalks, repaint crosswalks, add more crosswalks, and even installs a light the students can control to stop traffic if they need to cross. I imagine this cost more than a couple hundred bucks. It had to be done though right, for student safety?

Now what do I still see? They cross wherever they want and whenever. Even when the light says don't cross, they still do. Even if its not a crosswalk they decide to run across 4 lanes of traffic. The worst is the fact I have to stop at a light so awkwardky placed I wanna kick the guy whoever suggested it there. I hope they do get hit when they pull this crap. It'll save their parents a ton of money...like they were gonna graduate anyway (not the brightest cookies).

No comments:

Post a Comment