Tuesday, April 10, 2012

can I help you?

Anybody working the store knows this line well. Can I help you? It's the first thing we ask when you stand there looking lost or after several minutes of you staring at us. You expect us to read your mind, know exactly what you are asking, and what it is you are looking for. Being psychic was not a requirement to work here. We may need your assistance on this...use your words. Nothing too big, don't want you to hurt yourself.

A man walks up to service desk, the following starts with me:

"Good afternoon sir." He throws some hardware on the counter. "What can I do for ya?"...I get a blank stare. He shoves it toward me. "Are we returning or exchanging?"

"No."

This soon looks like a guessing game. After a round of 20 questions he was asking if we had anymore of them available, where to find them, and how much they are. Then he checks outs. To get all that information I had to ask single question after question to frickin get it out of him. Save us the time and just speak...most dogs can do so on command.

No comments:

Post a Comment