Sunday, January 22, 2012

we'll carry on

It's actually a rather good day. I can't describe it, but I am in a mood I haven't been in for quite some time. Bills are due/late, have to go out in the cold just for a few things at the store, sitting home all alone (which use to scare me), a million chores to do (I'm lazy), and a big o' fat exam due in the next 6 hours. Yet I have not got off the couch since waking up. Haven't started on anything.

I am just sitting here listening to music with a goofy ass grin on my face. I honestly don't know what to do with myself. And for once I am content with that. Why rush? Why hurry to get things done? Why stress over any of it? It is what it is, that's life for ya. No need to let it get to you. I chuckle to read what I just wrote. Me saying not to let things get to you?! Amazing :)

You know after this long now I think it is starting to rub off on me. It takes long talks and many posts, not sure when it all started even. It feels like it is finally sinking in...embrace it, stop fighting it. I am happy with me and even going through this ridiculously tough past week has made me see that. It's sad to say something bad has to happen before good comes out of it, but then again it's sometimes just the push we needed.

It's not nice to wish tragedy on anyone, but it can be the wake up call we need at our lowest points in life. This song just came on and seems to fit perfect. "Black Parade" - My Chemical Romance

We'll carry on, we'll carry on
And though you're dead and gone, believe me
Your memory will carry on

On and on we carry through the fears
Disappointed faces of your peers
Take a look at me
'Cause I could not care at all

Won't explain or say I'm sorry
I'm unashamed, I'm gonna show my scar

No comments:

Post a Comment