Saturday, January 21, 2012

you weren't dropped as a child...

...your mother fucking swung you over her head, slammed you head first into the ground, then continued with a celebration dance and yelling "TOUCHDOWN!!!" What is wrong with people!? I ask myself this question almost every single day, not exaggerating. This is more frequent after working the store I admit, but still plenty of other 'special' people out there to go around.

It astounds me how there is no common sense, no common courtesy, and just plain lack of reasoning. How do these people not drown in their cheerios every morning? Probably those little arm float things...water wings ah yes. Moving back to the topic: I don't see how any of those can be called "common" anything anymore. In fact they are rare, so when you find a friend with them you know you have a keeper.

What started this rant...oh let me explain...

I was taking bereavement from work for my grandma's funeral in Alabama, but family down south says there won't be one. This upsets me, but I figure alright I will take my days to try to cope and relax. Then they tell me why they don't want a funeral: they said "bad timing". I thought WTF could be worse than this only to find out my uncle Ken has been in the hospital for a month dying of cancer. This got me thinking: 1. no funeral  2. uncle ken is dying  3. and nobody told me right away, it came days/month after both facts. These are the things I want to know as soon as they are decided or happen. Thanks family.

But oh no, it gets better. The family (here north) decided since there is no funeral we would get together on monday for remembrance. Plans were all set and made, I called in the time off to work. Then family from the south call again...guess what...they just started the funeral for grandma...WTF YOU STUPID SOB's!!?? They did have a funeral, no matter how small, and call us as it starts. We can't change the days off now not to mention Michigan to Alabama drive will take longer than the funeral will last. I am bawling at this point thinking "what is wrong with people?" when I get yet another phone call...

My boyfriend's dad has his dog since at our apartments we are not allowed pets. Well his dad wanted to get rid of the dog so we have been asking around. It's not that easy to just instantly find a home for a large inside dog. I guess today was the day, must have been in the air, but his dad found him a new home...with my boyfriend's ex. Oh yes, his own father giving his dog to an ex girlfriend. So I am crying over my grandma, my uncle, and now my boyfriend having a hard time dealing with that bullshit. I am a wreck. I'm either gonna sob uncontrollably or break somebody's face in.

I might not be able to change anything about death, but to hell if I let his dog go like that. I made some frantic calls and some begging...he is on his way to a better home. I feel better about solving that issue only to get another call. Boyfriend again, his ex wife's new husband was at his dad's when he got the dog. Punches were thrown, words exchanged, pretty much a cluster fuck of "what else can go wrong". Just as I think that thought...phone rings again...school adviser...

I have exams this week, but a payment is due on my classes. I told them I would have to finish the exams to get credit then take leave for a couple weeks. It'll give me time to save money for payments and to breathe. They tell me they want to drop me from the classes right now until I pay. Which means no exams, I fail, and then I would have to pay for these as well when I came back. OH HELL NO...told him exams were turned in and that I would pay them when I get funds, hung up.

I no longer put the phone down and stood up, then it rings again. My ex has my daughter and she doesn't have any pull-ups/wipes left. How is this my problem? Yet I agree to bring some down that I BOUGHT, good going 'dad-of-the-year'. Yet he was at the bar every other night for the past 2 weeks, priorities my dear, priorities. This is just an annoyance though, I am okay with this. Still upset beyond belief mind you with all of this. I get another call...

My sister gets the built up rage of the day...it starts with me:
"WHAT!? What else can go wrong today? Why are you calling?!"
"I was just seeing how you were?"
"Oh...um...I'm okay (lying through my teeth). How have you been?"

She goes on to tell me about school and a hiking group she has joined. She gets to enjoy 60-70 degree weather seeing all the sights of North Carolina. Sounds so nice and peaceful...that's it, I'm moving. Starting over would be good for me at this point. Anyway...it calmed me a bit. Emotions aside I still have to wonder...WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!!?? bitch fest over, suck it, I'm out...

No comments:

Post a Comment